Thursday, June 2, 2011

Top Athletes - Last Names Starting with "H" - Post 1980

"H" is for huge or humongous, as in the totals that this list put up in several categories.  Whether it be rebounds, goals, saves, receiving yards or stolen bases, the "H" list is not short on numbers.

10. Dwight Howard (NBA)
9.  Roy Halladay (MLB)
8.  Brett Hull (NHL)
7.  Martina Hingis (Tennis)
6.  Trevor Hoffman (MLB)
5.  Dominik Hasek (NHL)
4.  Torry Holt (NFL)
3.  Marvin Harrison (NFL)
2.  Evander Holyfield (Boxing)
1.  Rickey Henderson (MLB)

Rickey himself claims to be the greatest of all-time, so the least I can do is make him the greatest "H" of the last 31 years.  Based on quotes alone, Rickey would top this list...A reporter once asked Rickey if he talked to himself, “Do I talk to myself? No, I just remind myself of what I’m trying to do. You know, I never answer myself so how can I be talking to myself?”


The Holt/Harrison debate is a good one.  I always felt Harrison was considered to be in the group ahead of Holt.  Hoffman is the all-time saves leader, but did not seem as dominant as the appropriately nicknamed "Dominator".  The physically imposing Howard takes the final spot on the list and is poised to ascend higher.  Quality professionals Tim Hardaway and Todd Helton were top omissions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your feedback...