Thursday, September 13, 2012

College Football Week 3 - Jabesblog picks

Instead of picking every game straight up this year, I thought I would go more Vegas-style and select certain games each week to pick against the spread.  Last weeks record:  5-3-1.  Season record:  5-3-1.  Lock of the Week:  1-0.

Lock of the Week:  BYU -4 at Utah.  I am giving points on the road in a rivalry game, we will see how smart this is.  Utah has to be deflated after losing to Utah State and losing their quarterback and BYU has been as solid as they come.  BYU 27, Utah 13.

De Ja Vu Pick of the Week:  Louisiana-Monroe +16.5 at Auburn.  Not a lot of love for the Warhawks with this line.  Auburn has a struggling quarterback and has scored 10 points in each of its first two games.  As I stated last week, ULM is good on both sides of the ball.  I expect a close one, and since it makes for a great story...Louisiana-Monroe 31, Auburn 24.

Thursday Night Special:  Rutgers +7.5 at South Florida.  I have Rutgers going to the BCS, but I had them losing at South Florida.  The Scarlett Knights defense is really good, but they are struggling to score...South Florida 17, Rutgers 16.

Anti-Homer Pick of the Week:  Utah State +14 at Wisconsin.  I was going to stay away from this one, but I think my Badgers are getting too much love against the Aggies...Wisconsin 27, Utah State 24.

Other Picks of the Week:
Northern Illinois -3 at Army.  Army was a mess last year and 2012 started in similar fashion.  NIU's defense has been good as their offense round into form...Northern Illinois 33, Army 17.

Louisville -3 vs North Carolina.  The Cardinals are looking to burst onto the national stage this year and the Tar Heels looked average last week in losing to Wake Forest...Louisville 38, North Carolina 28.

Northwestern -3.5 vs Boston College.  The Wildcats seem to be another team that doesn't get much Vegas love, but they always seem to play close games so maybe 3.5 is a trick...Northwestern 31, Boston College 20.

Western Michigan +3 at Minnesota.  The Gophers have been making a trend to lose a home game they shouldn't each season.  Saturday is the day...Western Michigan 37, Minnesota 31.

Virginia +10.5 at Georgia Tech.  I know the Virginia offense is struggling, but this line kept whispering to me based on how close I thought these two teams were before the season...Georgia Tech 26, Virginia 20.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your feedback...