1 - Miami, FL, Indiana, Duke, Gonzaga
2 - Florida, Kansas, Michigan, Michigan State
3 - Syracuse, Arizona, New Mexico, Louisville
4 - Georgetown, Kansas State, Marquette, Butler
5 - Oklahoma State, Wisconsin, Colorado State, Illinois
6 - Oregon, NC State, UNLV, Pittsburgh
7 - Ohio State, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Oklahoma
8 - Cincinnati, San Diego State, UCLA, Memphis
9 - Wichita State, VCU, St. Louis, Missouri
10 - Colorado, Creighton, North Carolina, LaSalle
11 - California, Iowa State, Belmont, Temple
12 - Villanova, St. Mary's, Virginia, Charlotte, Arizona State, Middle Tennessee
13 - Louisiana Tech, Akron, Bucknell, South Dakota State
14 - Valparaiso, Harvard, Stephen F Austin, Davidson
15 - Stony Brook, Montana, Long Beach State, Robert Morris
16 - Niagara, Northeastern, Mercer/Norfolk State, Southern/High Point
- If you didn't see the Oklahoma State-Kansas game, it was like a heavyweight fight where neither team led by more than 5 points at any time. It pains me to move the Cowboys down after such an effort, but it is still a home loss and knocks them out of the conference lead. It will be interesting how the committee sees the TCU loss, because Kansas just notched their 10th top 50 win (Florida has 5, Gonzaga 3 in comparison) to lead the nation.
- Minnesota has fallen on hard times and needed to take a fall in the bracket.
- Ole Miss lost to South Carolina last night and is not included in today's field. It is at least like a time-out you give to your child, but it might end up being a permanent punishment. I think Alabama is surpassing them in resume now from the SEC.
- Baylor is also in big trouble after losing at home to Iowa State. With a tough finishing schedule, I am also removing the Bears from the field based on the fact that I think they end up with at least 14 losses.
- Charlotte gets to move back in by not laying a weekday game, but must win at Temple Sunday to solidify consideration. Arizona State is also back in, but just like Virginia, they still have a lot to prove.
- Kentucky hosts Missouri and St. John's hosts Pittsburgh this weekend. A win by either would put them next in line to rejoin the field.