Top 5 Players Selected #13 in the NFL Draft since 1980
5. Eric Metcalf, RB/WR/KR, Cleveland Browns, 1989
4. Keith Jackson, TE, Philadelphia Eagles, 1988
3. Takeo Spikes, LB, Cincinnati Bengals, 1998
2. John Abraham, LB, New York Jets, 2000
1. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Kansas City Chiefs, 1997
Quick, who is second only to Jerry Rice in all-time receptions? OK, so the answer is obvious due to the context, but who would have thought that a basketball player from Cal would have the career that Tony Gonzalez has exhibited. The Chiefs have had a lot of misses, but Gonzalez was a hit at #13. Abraham has logged 122 career sacks, good for #13 all-time, fitting for this list. Spikes has over 1,000 solo tackles in a solid career, albeit with 5 different teams. Whoa Nellie, two tight ends on the same list as Keith Jackson, a 3-time All-Pro, comes in at #4. The final spot goes to Eric Metcalf, who is #13 all-time in all-purpose yards (again fitting) and #2 all-time with 10 punt return touchdowns.
Worst #13 NFL Draft Picks Since 1980
3. Eugene Chung, OT, New England Patriots, 1992 (5 seasons, 3 teams, 30 starts)
2. Lindsay Scott, WR, New Orleans Saints, 1982 (49 games, 69 rec, 864 yds, 1 TD)
1. Percy Snow, LB, Kansas City Chiefs, 1990 (3 seasons, 15 starts, 2 sacks)
I find it hard to include a player like David Overstreet on this list, thus, he is excluded despite playing only one NFL season.