Top 5 Players Selected #15 in the NFL Draft since 1980
5. Derrick Johnson, LB, Kansas City Chiefs, 2005
4. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, New York Giants, 2010
3. Anthony Miller, WR, San Diego Chargers, 1988
2. Dennis Smith, DB, Denver Broncos, 1981
1. John L. Williams, RB, Seattle Seahawks, 1986
And with the 15th pick in the NFL draft...trade it, get out of this pick. No disrespect to these 5 professionals, but ouch!! I went with Williams first. He is the only player drafted here who was best at his position for at least a portion of his career and besides being a very good blocker he currently ranks in the top 100 in NFL History in receptions and yards from scrimmage. Smith was a perennial Pro-Bowler and a key defensive cog in the Broncos Super Bowl losing teams of the 1980's. Miller is around 50 to 60 in most all-time receiving categories, but did make 5 Pro Bowls. Pierre-Paul has been good enough already to crack the top 5, while Johnson has been solid long enough to that as well. Guys like Branden Albert and Brian Cushing were interesting considerations, but ultimately fell short here.
Worst #15 NFL Draft Picks Since 1980
4. Jerome McDougle, DE, Philadelphia Eagles, 2003 (4 seasons, 0 starts, 30 tackles, 3 sacks)
3. Ron Faurot, DE, New York Jets, 1984 (2 seasons, 13 starts, 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery)
2. John Clay, OT, Los Angeles Raiders, 1987 (2 seasons, 2 teams, 10 starts)
1. Huey Richardson, LB, Pittsburgh Steelers, 1991 (2 seasons, 3 teams, 16 games, 0 starts, 0 stats)
A bonus bust at #15, a list that I excluded Yatil Green from due to the injuries that ultimately derailed his career after just 9 games.