Updated Seed List after Tuesday's games....
1. Arizona – PAC-12 is deep, but Wildcats may not have been properly tested in 2014 going into March.
2. Syracuse – ACC teams, meet the Syracuse zone. Good luck.
3. Wichita State – As long as they are undefeated and bolster a top 10 RPI, they deserve this spot.
4. Florida – Florida beat Kansas, plus both losses came at less than full strength
5. Michigan State – The injury to Payne will be considered once he is back – great win at Iowa
6. Kansas – With losses to teams #4, #7 and #9 on this list, hard to put them in front of them all when best team they beat is #12
7. Villanova – Don’t read much into a loss to a team that had a historic shooting night.
8. Michigan - Road wins @Minnesota, @Wisconsin and @Michigan State are unmatched
9. San Diego State – A 3 seed seems more appropriate based on RPI and other ratings
10. Wisconsin – Despite the 3 straight losses and horrid defense, the Badgers still have a top profile.
11. Creighton – Doug McDermott - POY
12. Duke – Filled in the last resume hole with a great road win at Pittsburgh. Next up - at Syracuse
13. Iowa State – Need to stop the bleeding vs Kansas State Saturday or the losing streak might not end.
14. Cincinnati – Bearcats play elite defense and have won 12 in a row, but last 6 against inferior teams.
15. Oklahoma State – Something is keeping this team from being elite
16. Louisville – I jumped UMass with the Cardinals, but my gut says the committee would lean this way
17. Massachusetts – Best win is New Mexico, likely headed further down the seed list as gaudy RPI drops
18. Oklahoma – A team nobody is talking about, the Sooners continue to rise.
19. Iowa – The Hawkeyes are now 0-5 vs the Top 13 on this list
20. Virginia – Still lack that elite win, but sweep of Florida State and no bad losses is still a good start.
21. Texas – After comparing resumes, it was hard to keep Texas below Kentucky
22. Kentucky – How do they have a top 5 SOS playing only 3 games against the top 50? 4 losses outside the top 50 seem to be ignored?
23. Connecticut – I like the Huskies more than others right now. They have a nice group of wins
24. Pittsburgh – At some point, the ratings mean nothing if you don’t really beat anyone of consequence
25. Ohio State – The Buckeyes finally got a win, hoping to start a new trend (although it wasn’t easy).
26. UCLA - Warming up a little more to the Bruins and the PAC-12 has to have a 2nd best
27. St. Louis – A Pitt-like resume…lacking good wins, but losses are to teams #3 and #10 above.
28. Memphis – Wins over Oklahoma State and at Louisville prop up the Tigers resume. All 4 losses to top 38.
29. Minnesota - Fell victim to Nebraska, but still have some really nice wins
30. Gonzaga – The WCC is a bit down this year, which isn’t helping the Zags.
31. Xavier – The Musketeers are Sooner-like in hype, but their 9 top-100 wins is only one behind the top total.
32. Kansas State – Like the Gophers, K-State has 2 top 25 wins, 4 in the top 30.
33. Florida State – All 5 losses are to teams in the top 25 of the RPI.
34. George Washington – The Colonials have that top-10 win vs Creighton and beat VCU.
35. New Mexico – A “nice” resume, but I actually thought they would be better this season.
36. VCU – All three top 100 wins are on the road. Have 5 home games remaining against top 100.
37. Providence – Another nice win vs Xavier makes them more comfortable
38. Colorado – The early-season success will fade if they can't finish well
39. North Carolina – The Tar Heels keep adding up the losses to go with their quality wins.
40. Oregon – The victories are not that great to offset a 1-5 conference start.
41. Missouri – The Tigers have played a bad schedule and have bad losses to boot.
42. California – Two nice road wins and 2nd Place in PAC-12 headline the Golden Bears resume.
43. Stanford – The Cardinals have the good road wins, but they need more.
44. Tennessee – The Volunteers hang on for dear life based on their wins and SOS.
45. Richmond - The Spiders are in, but have a tough week this week at St. Louis and at VCU
46. LSU – Reward the Tigers for a good win against Kentucky, must beat Arkansas this weekend to stay
47. SMU – South Florida is a bad loss, but the Mustangs hang on to the last spot
48. Southern Miss
50. Green Bay
52. North Dakota State
53. New Mexico State
56. Boston U.
59. Stephen F. Austin
60. Georgia State
62. Northern Colorado
63. North Carolina Central
64. Stony Brook
65. Robert Morris
66. Southern U.