Friday, September 7, 2012

College Football Week 2 - Jabesblog picks

Instead of picking every game straight up this year, I thought I would go more Vegas-style and select certain games each week to pick against the spread.  I skipped Week 1 as betting on Week 1 with all the unknowns seems like a losing proposition.  So I start Week 2 with a 0-0 record.

Lock of the Week:  Louisiana-Monroe +30.5 at Arkansas.  Three factors lead me here.  1)  The Arkansas defense is not necessarily strong enough to support this line.  2)  Louisiana-Monroe is decent on both sides of the ball and 3)  Arkansas is looking ahead to Alabama next week.  Arkansas 41, Louisiana-Monroe 21.

Heavy Favorite Pick of the Week:  USC -26 at Syracuse.  The Trojans, even away from home, need to win big to impress voters.  USC 45, Syracuse 10.

Heavy Underdog of the Week:  Purdue +14 at Notre Dame. There has to be some type of travel discount for Notre Dame and I believe Purdue is slightly under-rated. I think Notre Dame wins a close one. Notre Dame 27, Purdue 24.

Other Picks of the Week:
Georgia -2 at Missouri.  If the Dawgs are going to live up to billing, they have to get it together from the start this year.  Georgia 38, Missouri 24.

UCLA +5 vs Nebraska.  I talked about the PAC-12 factor in my Week 2 preview and Taylor Martinez needs to show me he can be that good 2 weeks in a row.  UCLA 26, Nebraska 24.

Nevada +1 vs South Florida.  Confidence should be high for the Wolfpack who might play with an edge as a home underdog a week after winning at Cal.  Nevada 27, South Florida 20.

Louisiana Tech -3 at Houston.  Houston seems like a disaster and I like Louisiana Tech this year. Tech also blew the game a year ago and gets revenge.   Louisiana Tech 34, Houston 28.

Texas State +18.5 vs Texas Tech.  Texas State is brimming with confidence and Texas Tech is a heavy road favorite.  Texas Tech 31, Texas State 20.

Texas A&M pick'em vs Florida.  Florida struggled somewhat last week and A&M brings the Sumlin magic to their offense.  Texas A&M 23, Florida 17.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your feedback...