Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thoughts from the weekend in Sports

Wisconsin Badgers Football - UW has to be happy with the "W", but it appears there are too many holes to have anything more than an Alamo Bowl-type season. At least we are not Sparty today.

NASCAR - Sad to see Matt Kenseth out of the "Chase" for the Winston Cup. Without the local flavor to root for, I will hitch my ride to old man Mark Martin, the Brett Favre of NASCAR. Did Jr. make the "Chase"? Didn't think so.

Golf - O.K. Tiger, we get it. Is it clear that you are the best? Crystal.

MLB - Oh, you are still playing. Wake me up for the post-season. And hopefully the Rangers will take the only spot still up for grabs.

NFL - Q. How do you lose a game on an 87 yard TD pass with less than 20 seconds left? A. Put tiger stripes on your helmet.

If you look at the Vikings schedule, there are a lot of games where Brett Favre just needs to stay out of the way. Week 1 - mission accomplished.

Same old Lions.

U.S. Open - Serena Williams should be ashamed and embarrassed. But I am not sure she thinks she did anything wrong. At first, I was thinking I am glad this is on late and my son is not watching so I don't have to explain this. But maybe it would have been good for him to see such a gross act of poor sportsmanship. I agree Johnny Mac, the foot fault should not have been called. But that does not excuse the behavior that ensued. I was glad when Dick Enberg finally called her out. I had just mentioned to my wife that I know the Williams sisters are not bad girls, but there is something that has never endeared them to me. That opinion is now in cement. Serena has joined Alex Rodriguez and LeBron James as athletes who have lost some of my respect this year. I am glad she refused to apologize, because it would not have been sincere.

Until the next one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your feedback...