Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Do these annoy you too?

I admit it. I am part of the world that moves too fast. I do not yearn for the days when we all sat on our porch and "shot the breeze" for hours. There is too much to do, and too little time. Kids, spouses, work, sleep. Find a few moments for yourself? Maybe on the treadmill.

I also find I am getting more easily annoyed. Here are my current hot buttons. Hopefully you don't fit into one of these categories.

Still writes a check person

It is time to check out at the grocery store or Target. First, you get to play the pick the quickest line game. This one works out less than 50% of the time for most of us, but as long as the cashier doesn't pick up the phone, you are probably fine. You are moving along close to the line next to you, when all of a sudden, the person in front of you -- pulls out the checkbook. Really? People still write checks? Instantly I am back in the 90's. The Goo Goo Dolls start playing in my head. I smile, realizing I can go home and watch Jordan and the Bulls tonight. Then I realize its 2009. Meanwhile, the person is still writing the check or the machine is still running it through and three people have checked out in the line next to me, but my purchase was already on the conveyor so I am unable to move. I long for the little old lady finding exact change. Exact change does not need to be written in the register. Finally, it is my turn!! Zip my card through, and I am on the road, where I find....

Drives super slow in the middle lane person

I thought the rule was slow traffic, keep right. Apparently, I missed the memo that even slower traffic should be in the middle lane. I believe these cars cause traffic jams more than anything. You have the slow and merging traffic on the right. You have the speed demons on the left. So you move to the center lane and bam, everyone is flying by you on both sides. How does this happen? Just up ahead of you, there is a car going below the speed limit in the middle lane. This driver is obviously not comfortable on the highway. So they tuck themselves in the middle. No dealing with merging traffic. Or maybe they are afraid they will run the car off the road in the right lane? Whatever it is, get over to the right please, I need to get to the mall so I can get behind.....

Stops suddenly in the middle of the main mall traffic flow person

We have all been to the mall. We know how it works. There is a stream of people going on each side of the mall. One stream going one way. On the other side of the mall, the stream is going the other way. It works. It is actually fun to try and go against flow. But if you are going to be part of the flow, keep on walking. Oops, I forgot, you are the only one in the mall. Just stop whenever you want right in the middle and I will almost run over you. Or when I try to step around you, someone else runs over me. I know. We all have had something catch are eye and make us stop. Just step off to the side, so I can get out of the mall and into the mall parking lot, where I can meet.....

Goes the wrong way down an angled parking row person

The mall is busy. You are headed down or up a row of angled parking, going the correct direction, when you see it, a car turns down your row headed the wrong way. Apparently, the arrow painted at the end of the row has become just a suggestion. Your cars inch closer, and you realize there is barely enough room for two cars to pass. You get close enough to see the other driver and they seem perplexed at how this is happening. What has gone wrong? I figure out a way to get my car around them, throwing my hands up and shaking my head. I bet if I stick around long enough to watch them park, they will find a spot where they can pull-through an angled parking spot. Love that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your feedback...